Industry Insights into the Research Development Profession
Ever wonder what is research development (RD) and how your training has prepared you to enter this dynamic and growing profession? Looking to use your “academic” and other skill sets in new and exciting ways to enable innovative research at Stanford and beyond?
Event Date: Sept 12, starts at 4 pm
Join the BioSci Careers Assistant Dean Stephanie Eberle for an Industry Insights panel discussion with leaders in RD, including:
- Crystal Botham, PhD, Director of the Stanford Biosciences Grant Writing Academy
- Jon-Michael Knapp, PhD, CEO & Founder of the Luminint Consulting Group
- Aruna Krishnan, PhD, Clinical Evaluation Scientist, Medical Writer at Intuitive
- Megan Mayerle, PhD, Grant Writer and Project Coordinator for the Stanford Cardiovascular Institute
- Rachel Sparks, PhD, Proposal Editor in the Stanford School of Engineering
After the panel discussion, current openings in RD positions at Stanford will be briefly discussed, including:
- Grant Writer/Research Development Strategist, Stanford Job #84523 https://careersearch.stanford.edu/jobs/grant-writer-research-development-strategist-8031
- Research Proposal Editor, Stanford Job #84401 https://careersearch.stanford.edu/jobs/research-proposal-editor-7766
- Grant Strategist/Planning Officer, Stanford Job #84059 https://careersearch.stanford.edu/jobs/grant-strategist-planning-officer-7451
- Grant Writer – 75%, Stanford Job #81843 https://careersearch.stanford.edu/jobs/grant-writer-75-fte-5504
- Grant Writer / Project Coordinator, Stanford Job #83862 https://careersearch.stanford.edu/jobs/grant-writer-project-coordinator-7694
- Director of Scientific Research, Stanford Job #83464 https://careersearch.stanford.edu/jobs/director-of-scientific-research-6920
- Training Grant Writer, Stanford Job #84010 https://careersearch.stanford.edu/jobs/training-grant-writer-7406
4-5 pm Industry Insights panel discussion about the Research Development Profession, moderated by Stephanie Eberle
5 pm Learn more about current RD positions at Stanford
5-6 pm Networking and light hors d’oeuvre
What is Research Development? Learn More.
Research Development Activities can include Strategic Research Advancement; Communication of Research and Research Opportunities; Enhancement of Collaborative/Team Science; and Proposal Support Functions. Learn More.
Unable to attend but want to learn more about the research development profession, email Crystal (email@example.com)